The Sword of the Spirit The Word of God
From the Pastor’s heart
Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
The process of giving birth begins with two participants. They must be willing. One is a donor seed and the other a recipient seed and womb. When consummation takes place, the child is conceived. Then the child is borne (accepted) for a period of time in the womb before finally being delivered or manifested for all to see. The spiritual birth of Jesus defied natural birth which did not follow the pattern of man. The donor seed was deposited by the Holy Spirit into the womb of Mary without physical interaction (thereby maintaining, virginity) and declaring to us that there is another kind of birth to be considered. This is out of the bounds of man’s thinking because it takes what is natural on the one part and uses the natural to incubate the spiritual. We find it strange because it does not follow the norm yet we easily accept the fact that we are spirit housed in a flesh body. So, why should it be strange that there could be a spiritual virgin birth of someone spiritual through the flesh and in the flesh? Anyone who denies that Jesus came in the flesh is an anti- Christ. 2Jn_1:7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Many Christians do not know how to birth spiritual things in their lives. I intend to show you how to birth a spiritual vision for yourself that can take you to places you have never been before. It will require you to seek God in your heart and listen to His guidance.
1. In the first instance you must look for something that stands out in your heart more than anything else that pushes you spiritually.
2. Secondly, you must pull out all stops in seeking God about it
3. Thirdly, you must receive anything that comes your way that acts as an indicator that you are on the right path with your thinking and prayers. This could come in reading the word, prophecies, visions and dreams or by way of interpretation of tongues and even what you may see physically like numbers, dates etc. that repeat themselves. Every word of God is confirmed by two or three witnesses of the same word.
4. When the word comes, it will be the seed as in point 3. You must receive it. Remember, just one seed does not do the job. You are the recipient womb and seed. So, when the spiritual seed comes, you must receive it. It is the joining of these two seeds that produces the spiritual child.
5. When your hunger grows to hear, you will find that there are some rumblings around you. They may take on natural or spiritual connotations. You may find people opposed to your thinking or decision making processes and you will experience un-instigated attacks of the enemy.
6. You may even go through many trials and wildernesses. In fact, this is guaranteed.
7. When this happens, you will realise that you are facing a birthing in you. Many will find it hard to understand you including yourself. However, this is the time to be careful and keep praying and trusting God.
8. Finally, in the strangest of ways and places you will give birth to God’s vision for you.
9. The time frame for delivery is unknown but when the first seed comes, it will not be long after.
10. This birthing will require some sacrifices during pregnancy and after childbirth. If you know what you have birthed, then you will not hesitate to sacrifice.
My hope is, God will raise many disciples in the last days. This usually sends a shiver down people’s spine because they think they will be called and have to give up everything and follow God without a home, salary or friends. The truth is, not everyone is called or chosen the same way. When we realise our calling and destiny, then we can go to the extreme and face all trials and tribulations. I have seen God use many people who have never left their home or friends or jobs but have been highly successful in their ministry. The baby is chosen by God and we just have to accept the seed that He puts in us. When Mary was approached by Gabriel the angel about becoming pregnant with the Messiah, she was not sure at all. However, she just accepted it and said, let it be according to God’s will. When she did that, she received the spiritual seed by the Holy Spirit and it was ratified over and over again that she was now pregnant with the greatest child of all time. Wow! What an honour. God is waiting to bestow that same kind of honour on you. What will you accept or reject? Many have cried out to God to use them only to reject the offer when it came because it was strange seed to them. They had envisaged a certain kind of baby (outcome) in their mind and even had prayed for that baby (outcome) and God gave them something else that shook them. Their hopes of having it their way was dashed. So, the rejected the offer. The Jews rejected Jesus because He did not come to them the way they had envisaged that the King of Israel would come.
My friends, what God has for us is always glorious no matter which way it comes. Some have questioned God’s integrity about this very thing. Isa_37:3And they said unto him, Thus saith Hezekiah, This day is a day of trouble, and of rebuke, and of blasphemy: for the children are come to the birth, and there is not strength to bring forth. God answers King Hezekiah in a manner that rebukes but questions his knowledge of God. Isa 66:9Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
One day, we were gathered in a friend’s house who was not a believer but everyone else was. During our discussions over lunch he had questioned the integrity of God by asking; ‘why does God allow famines and disasters in the world where many innocents die including innocent children. To everyone’s surprise a usually very timid person in the group spoke up and said; “Do you really think that God would go to all that trouble to produce a child in the womb only to rip off the hand or leg or blind the eyes or let it and then let it be birthed or let it doe after birth”. Every one of us were taken aback by the retort, especially, the unbeliever amongst us. I guess the retort made perfect sense. Why would God make a beautiful world and create a perfect couple only to destroy His creation in this manner? So, there must be another explanation. I believe there is. God wanted His creation in all realms to realise that Jesus is Lord. To this end, He created a perfect world that His other creation did not like as they had been cast out of a perfect world themselves. So, they came to destroy the world that God had made perfect. Since, God operates on His word, His perfection was subject to evil but not His word. Now, the only way His word would rise up again and be perfect was this new birth. This would confound His enemies and destroy them forever in one given moment of new birth that was achieved by Jesus.
So, the born again concept is perfection in an evil world that cannot be overcome by the devil or imperfection except that we do not allow the baby in us to be birthed. If we abort the baby due to pressure and circumstances of life, then we fail. Perfection is now being created in an evil world by this new birth and then caused to live in an evil world by God to show His wisdom and power to the principalities and powers in heavenly places. This new birth is what is being attacked to order to destroy it.
So also, every concept, new idea, revival, moves of God and just a simple receiving of Jesus will be attacked, just as what happened to Joseph and Mary in attempting to preserve the life of Christ in the womb and subsequently after birth in many places. Maybe you are going through some stuff right now. Let me give you a piece of advice. Get pregnant. Then birth a baby. You will see that you will reach incredible heights that you never thought possible. Dreams and visions are birthed in the fires of afflictions just like Joseph. God said to Mary, “Nothing shall be impossible for God”. So, why should it be for you? That statement by God only covers the revealed word of God. That Rhema word of God is the seed of a new birth. It is this seed that the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy but instead will be destroyed himself by that seed. Gen_3:15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
You may be thinking he is after you. Yes, he is but more so the spiritual seed in you because he is scared you will birth something in you that will destroy his kingdom or hurt it. Many have received seed but let it be dormant in them. It is time to let that seed die in you so that it can give new birth. Come to where the power is. It is in the word. Learn to nurture the seed, then give birth and then maintain the very thing you have birthed till God tells you otherwise. The let it go because it does not belong to you.
Lots of love