From the Pastor’s heart
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
The meaning of inheritance can be stated as, “being bestowed upon by virtue of birthright the full ownership of another’s title and property”. In the case of the verse in Hebrews above, Jesus receives full ownership of all that God is and has and therefore has the right just like God in all things. It is further proven in this verse. Col_2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. This understanding is significant in universal terms both in the Spirit realm and on earth because of what subsequently followed the crowning of Jesus as the heir of all things. Heb_1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; The significance is as follows:
1. All of the invisible & seen worlds come under the Lordship of Jesus
2. It is Jesus who decides what to do with His inheritance
3. Jesus subsequently passes some of His inheritance to us in various forms
4. We are given access to all that He has bar the Lordship of Jesus
Inheritance is an incredible concept in both spiritual and secular understanding. This concept was clearly understood by many in the Old Testament and so they always desired an heir, especially when they were barren. We see this exemplified in the life of Abraham who was chosen to display this concept to us through his life. The final fulfilment of this promise in Abraham to us was fulfilled when Jesus rose again and claimed His inheritance. After that came the spiritual blessings in heavenly places which were in addition to Abrahamic blessings Eph 1.3. Now you can understand why the devil is so angry with God and us. He was under the impression he was in line for it but failed when he tried to take it from God. This form of rebellion was treated with disdain and he lost out. Instead, it went to us who do not even deserve it. How much angrier would that make the devil when he realised that God had chosen us to inherit the kingdom of God. God’s choice made the forces of life question His wisdom. Why give away His entire fortune in life to measly earthly beings who cannot last even a moment in the flesh? The answer is simple. God did not create us the second time around, God birthed a people He called sons and daughters. John 3.1:5. After creation came procreation (reproduction not creation). God decided to give birth to Himself in His Son and then His Son gave birth to us in the Spirit. All this means, we are created in His image and then have the seal of ownership by the Spirit and are given this inheritance in the Spirit whereby we have access to all things to benefit us now and for evermore.
After this comes the full inheritance when we pass on from this life into the next. 2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1. 1Co_6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
2. 1Co_6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
3. 1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
4. Gal_5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
5. Heb_6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
6. 1Pe_3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
7. Rev_21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8. Mat_5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
9. Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
10. Mat_18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
11. Mat_19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
12. Mat_19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
13. Mar_9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
14. Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
15. Mar_10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
16. Mar_10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
17. Joh_3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
18. Act_14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
19. 2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
20. 2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
It seems to me that there are many reasons one cannot inherit or enter the kingdom of heaven to inherit. In order to inherit, one must enter into the Kingdom. It is to this principle that Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3.5 the need to be born of Spirit and Word and to the disciples the need to have keys to the kingdom of heaven. A key opens doors and doors are there because there are rooms. (In my Father’s house are many rooms). These rooms have many things in them that we need in the now and forever more. The keys can be understood as the revelations of the Holy Spirit who opens the doors for us. How do we know this? By the following verses. Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. The Porter here is none other than the Holy Spirit as He reveals the door that is Jesus. Jesus said; “I am the door”. No man can come to the Father except he come through me.